With the release of the Windows 8.1 Update, all new users have a new group of tiles on the Start screen: This PC (My Computer), PC Settings, Documents (My Documents) and Pictures (My Pictures). If you're a Windows 8.1 existing user or still running Windows 8, you will not see these added to your established Start screen, only new profiles get these. Windows RT users only get the PC Settings tile. Here's how to create the Windows 8.1 user group of tiles on the Start screen.
- On the Start screen, left-click on Desktop.
- Left-click on File Explorer on the Taskbar.
- Right-click on This PC and left-click on Pin to Start in the context menu.
- Right-click on Documents and left-click on Pin to Start in the context menu.
- Right-click on Pictures and left-click on Pin to Start in the context menu.
- Left-click on the Start button or press the Windows Logo key to bring up the Start screen.
- Bring up the search charm: Windows 8 - Press the Windows Logo key + F or bring up the Charms bar and select Search. Windows 8.1 - Left-click on the Search button.
- In the Search box type PC Settings. In the search results, right-click on PC Settings and select Pin to Start.