Disk Quota is a handy feature available in Windows to limit the disk usage to each user on a multiuser PC. The feature lets you set the limit so that each user can utilize specified amount of disk space only.
As you might have guessed, you need to have Administrator rights to enable Disk Quota on a drive. To enable Disk Quote in Windows 7, follow the simple procedure given below.
1. Open Computer, right-click on the drive (partition) on which you want to enable Quota limits and then select Properties.
2. Move to Quota tab and click Show Quota Settings button.
3. Once the Quota Settings is launched, tick Enable quota management checkbox.
4. Also tick Deny disk space to users exceeding quota limit to restrict users from adding more data when the user reaches the predefined quota limit.
5. Enter the Limit disk space to and Set warning level to value and then click Apply button to enable the disk quota management on the selected drive.
6. Click Ok for the confirmation box. You are Done!