One of the fine features of Windows 7 is Superbar (new taskbar). It lets you pin programs to the taskbar, similar to pinning programs to Start menu in earlier version of Windows7.
When you pin a favorite program to the taskbar, it can be easily accessed with a single click. If you want to have a clutter-free desktop, you might want to pin Computer and Recycle Bin icons to the Taskbar for the easy access.
But pinning the Computer icon to the taskbar is not possible by default. Generally, Windows 7 displays Pin to taskbar option when you right-click on a program, but you can’t see Pin to taskbar option for Computer.
In order to pin Computer to Windows 7 taskbar, you need to do a small workaround. Here is how to:
1. First, right-click on Windows 7 desktop > New > Shortcut.
2. Enter the below address location of item filed, and click Next button.
3. In the following window, type in a name for the shortcut (Ex: My Computer). Click on the Finish button to see a new shortcut icon on the desktop.
4. Obviously, you can now drag and drop your new shortcut icon on to the taskbar to pin it. But if you want to decorate the new shortcut with the default Computer icon, you need to do follow next two steps.
5. Right-click on the shortcut icon (new icon), go to Properties. Click on change icon button and enter the below address in the file location box.
6. Now select the Computer icon and click Apply button. Pin the icon to the taskbar either by right-clicking and selecting “Pint to Taskbar” option, or by dragging icon to the taskbar.